Most Earth-like Exoplanet Started out as Gas Giant by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center \ CC BY-SA 2.0
NASA's powerful Kepler telescope has shown that almost all stars in our galaxy have planets. This breathes new life into the Fermi Paradox, which considers why, given the age of the universe and vast number of planets, we have not encountered alien civilizations.
Recently an astrophysics professor put forward a theory to answer the Fermi Paradox: All advanced civilizations inevitably destroy themselves through self-inflicted climate change brought on by intense energy harvesting of their home planets.
In this audio piece we meet Leonard, Rose and Lanny as they ponder the existence of aliens and whether disastrous climate change is inevitable for us and the rest of life in the universe.
All music in this piece was produced from this NASA Sputnik sample.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- "Youth led climate strikes have created a spark around the globe." Check out A/J's newest article, where Elenore Br… https://t.co/QQWY3L7zxI — 1 day 1 hour ago
- Today @AlternativesJ is holding a discussion about our unique issue We, the North. Drop by #Project220 at 3-5pm to… https://t.co/59ZNRpDzvn — 2 weeks 3 hours ago
- In response to the #SummerStudentTakeover article "Climate Activism and Corporate Sustainability in a Contemporary… https://t.co/ffx7roRNjw — 5 weeks 6 days ago