The Canadian federal election is this upcoming Monday, October 19th. In part of our 30-day election coverage, we’ve compiled the top environment and election related content that made headlines this week.
An estimated 3.6 million Canadians cast their ballots during advance polling this weekend. That’s up 71 percent from the 2011 Federal Election advance polls result. With only a few days left until the election, take the time to catch up on the platforms of each political party and vote with the environment in mind.
- The David Suzuki Foundation has released their election environmental cheat sheet on issues such as climate change, pipelines, and transit investment.
- West Coast Environmental Law launched their “Vote Environment” toolkit on their Environmental Laws Matter campaign website.
- The Pembina Institute discuss what’s been said in the election and where to go from here.
- Tzeporah Berman wonders what happened to Canada?
- Shit Harper Did (SHD) released an hour-long documentary called “Whoa Canada”.
- CBC and Vote Compass results conclude that most Canadians feel that the government should take more action on climate change.
In case you missed it, here’s what A\J posted this week:
- Communications Breakdown – To move the masses, speak boldly and carry a big schtick
- Iqaluit’s Five-Year Plan – A northern community reclaims sustainability for a more just society.
- GTA Candidates Weigh in on Rouge Park – Supporters of the Rouge National Urban Park are banking on a change of government October 19 to get needed ecological protection
- Why Voting Matters – Analyzing youth voter engagement and the current role of political parties in youth outreach
- My First Federal Election – A young Canadian's experience voting in the upcoming election
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Our new youth-driven platform; ENV Media will officially launch today with the website going live at 10:00pm ET. Be… https://t.co/tJVyFJ8cxr — 17 hours 6 min ago
- Today's #SummerStudentTakeover! This Friday, Nengi Dublin-Green explores energy policy options for Canada, focusing… https://t.co/mrD5O7WAqE — 2 weeks 14 hours ago
- Wondering what kind of carbon dioxide removal techniques fossil fuel companies are into these days? @jenniezrose ha… https://t.co/s0xWdaW5Pd — 2 weeks 1 day ago