Communities across Canada are celebrating Bike Month and A\J is joining in on the two-wheeling fun. While Bike Month officially runs from May 27th to June 30th we hope you will become re-enchanted with your bike and integrate cycling into your regular coming-and-goings (if you aren’t already).
Follow our month-long blog series on city cycling for tips on basic bike maintenance, safety, etiquette and more! We’ll also feature interviews with CAN-Bike, Yvonne Bambrick and the Otesha Project, just to name a few.
We’re also giving away some great bike reads: Cyclepedia: A century of iconic bicycle design by Michael Embacher, Gestalten’s Velo 2nd Gear: Bicycle Culture and Style and Chainbreaker Bike Book: A rough guide to bicycle maintenance by Shelley Lynn Jackson. To be entered in the draw, all you have to do is tell us your favourite place to bike in the comments or on our Facebook or Twitter page throughout Bike Month.
We’re cycling advocates because bikes are non-polluting active modes of transportation that lend themselves to healthy and vibrant cities. We recognize that not everyone is able to bike everywhere, but for those bike-curious and occasion cyclists, we hope Gear Up with A\J will help you take the plunge.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (174) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
- Happy new year from Alternatives! Didn't get a chance to make a one-time gift in 2018 to support our mission of amp… https://t.co/Z2Jj0Dk3sf — 2 weeks 1 day ago
- Today is the last day in 2018 you can make a contribution to A\J, supporting the environmental movement in Canada A… https://t.co/5E5zBFqqhS — 2 weeks 3 days ago
- Don't forget that year-end contributions to Alternatives will help us continue to be an independently publishing vo… https://t.co/LuYk3QzzcU — 2 weeks 4 days ago