Northern lights on the North West Transmission Line / a scene from Konelīne: our land beautiful
Described as “visual poetry,” the film is a cinematic documentary featuring the landscape and First Nations Tahltan people of northern British Columbia. Konelīne, translated as “our land beautiful” from Tahltan, artfully discusses nature, lifestyle and environmental issues.
It is unique not only in its beauty, but in its unbiased observation of both the Tahltan people and Canadian service workers. The interpretation of events is left up to the audience.
A stunning film shot in 4k widescreen, Konelīne is visceral and powerful in both sound design and cinematography. Deservedly, the cameraperson Van Royko won the 2016 Award for Best Documentary Cinematography from the Canadian Society of Cinematographers for this film.
Check back next week for a review of the film, including details from an exclusive A\J interview with director Nettie Wild!
Friday, September 16th through Thursday, September 2
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- This is the Week This Friday! 5 quick-and-smart briefs about happenings in the environmental space!… https://t.co/ySH0Mm5RcL — 3 days 21 hours ago
- RT @PowerShiftWR: Hey #WREnviro friends! Is anyone thinking or talking about what #EarthDay might look like during #COVID19?… https://t.co/uT9gCsQqUL — 8 weeks 5 days ago
- RT @LocalLinxHQ: Businesses will give up if there is no hope of an end to this nightmare' | via @telegraph https://t.co/WXMS43WiYc — 9 weeks 1 day ago