Nudie – nudiemusic.com | Photo by Anna Karpinski
Canada’s heartbreak troubadour of twang.
(Well not all twang, but Nudie intelligently honours the roots of country with his own wit, wisdom and brilliant stories.) Nudie periodically plays "house concerts" at A\J's office. The next one is Friday May 10, 2019!
HE CALLS HIMSELF NUDIE (a nod to Nashville rhinestone cowboy tailor Nudie Cohn) and he hangs his guitar in Charlottetown, PEI. We’re very pleased to present Nudie in a lovely intimate house concert format at the office of A\J.
His brand new album Everything’s Different in the Night is an absolute gem. Nudie’s music transports your soul. You’ll almost think you’ve travelled into the deep past with Nudie’s timeless takes on love lost. And then he’ll jet you into a modern dilemma of the displaced Maritimer with a touching melody about coming home to the Island.
Attending live music by independent artists is one of the sweetest acts community action and environmental spirit. At A\J we have periodically brought music to our community (as much as we can muster – it's a fun extra to our day-to-day). This upcoming instance simply happened organically. I saw Nudie in Charlottetown back in 2005, playing on the Harbourfront grounds with a buddy. He was great. I hadn’t seen him again until just a couple of months ago at a local house concert. House concerts are great. They perform triple duty: they support an artist’s ability to make a living, they make music available at a lovely intimate grassroots level, and they connect people – house concerts are a social engine that builds community.
In the tradition of house concert format, all proceeds go to the artist. You can expect to be thoroughly entertained, and enjoy meeting a range of folks from our local community (and some visiting Maritimers), all who share a love of the live music experience.
Praise for Nudie:
“One of the best of the new crop of country purists. A gem that blends all the classic sounds of real country music, but never feels old and out of fashion.” – CBC’s Bob Mersereau
“A relaxed vocal style that grabs your attention with understated confidence... Nudie writes in the many shades of anguish that anticipate and result from broken hearts” – No Depression
“Nudie understands the core of country music and performs it to an impressive level. Everything’s Different in the Night is a stellar recording.” – Donald Teplyske, The Lonesome Road Review
Nudie Music Videos:
Nudie does a great cover of Al Tuck’s “StompinTomConnors.com”
* * *
$20. All proceeds go to the artist.
Tickets include: Light snacks at intermission and bring your own beverage.
Friday May 10, 2019 | doors 7pm | show 8pm
Alternatives Journal (A\J) Production office: Unit 204a – 283 Duke Street West, Kitchener [in the BOEHMER BOX FACTORY]
At this moment in time, all roads are open and accessible to the Old Boehmer Box Factory (on Duke and Breithaupt). Any changes will be updated here. The parking entrances for the building are off of Breithaupt – and you can park on Breithaupt Street itself. [ #LRTisStillInProgress #PublicTransitRocksToo ]
* * *
ALTERNATIVES ROCKS Bringing music to community and bringing community to music.
With special thanks from:
The Old Boehmer Box Factory / 283 Duke Street Redevelopment
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover, the creators of the New Sincerity podcast talk about what it's like to grow… https://t.co/ugHylPMOir — 2 days 13 hours ago
- In the 8th article of A\J’s Indigenous in the Greenbelt series, George Campana’s thought-provoking and timeless pho… https://t.co/Al0PTCcbKr — 4 days 10 hours ago
- Check out the first installment of A\J's new weekly video series: The Recap, as a part of our Summer Student Takeov… https://t.co/uG6N8VUHtY — 5 days 8 hours ago