Small actions add up
Last April, team A\J took on the Earth Day Canada Act for the Planet challenge and tackled changes at home, on the move and on our plates. You can read the full series chronicling our efforts here: In Your Home | On Your Skin | On The Move | On Your Plate.
This year, EDC's Earth Month campaign is Make it Count for Earth Day and they've got a whole new set of actions you can take to improve your own health and that of the planet, like eating in-season foods, growing your own herbs, upcycling and sharing your efforts with others.
51 Reasons to Eat Less Meat
We also posted 9 Simple Ways to Save the Planet in our Green Living blog last April. The post suggested eating less meat, stating that “an estimated 18 per cent of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions can be attributed to livestock production.” We've since learned that the impacts of meat are much worse than we thought. Read about it in a new post from food blogger Jo Anne Tacorda.
Avoid toxins in everyday products
An all-time favourite, or series on surprising toxins in everyday products and how to avoid them, from Cocoon Apothecary's Jessica Burman, also ran last spring. Read the full series: Fragrance | Parabens | Petrochemicals | Triclosan | Formaldehyde.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (174) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (18) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- The latest in our eight-part series sees @GlasscoFellows Melaina Sheldon explore a pilot project to improve relatio… https://t.co/1GMad2QR75 — 5 hours 3 min ago
- @lorinjuin Hi there. Our apologies - no excuse for not getting in touch, but thank you for your support and subscri… https://t.co/A5wyx0whRD — 2 days 10 hours ago
- @voxdotcom says it best: "Climate science is not a 'both sides' issue," Ambassador Craft. https://t.co/XU0r4QyUOT https://t.co/rTijX9JP17 — 3 days 9 hours ago