Things are hopping here at A\J these days, but in between preparing for the Green Living Show and putting the final touches on our Art & Media issue, we're making time this month to share some eco-habits and ideas, starting with Earth Day Canada's Act for the Planet.
Challenge yourself this Earth Month
Act for the Planet is a great way to "give yourself a green boost" (and win prizes!) by following along with the daily challenges on Facebook or the downloadable checklist. We'll be blogging and tweeting about our efforts and some of our own sustainable living ideas that A\J staffers use at home and in the office. You can hear more about Act for the Planet from Earth Day Canada in our latest podcast. They've also got five actions for kids to do on their own or in a group over at EcoKids, including building a bug house and growing sprouts!
A\J stories come to life at the Green Living Show
We've got some really exciting stuff happening at the Green Living Show in Toronto from April 12 to 14. We're giving away four back issues and a free book with every subscription, plus you can get special deals on back issues and enter to win a $500 RONA gift card!
Junk Raiders star and A\J cover dude Gordie Wornoff will tell you how he turns trash into treasure on the show's main stage. Read this tasty hors d'oeuvre from our Education issue for a preview. You can join Gordie and the A\J team in our booth over the weekend to check out some of his freecycled furniture and help build a pop can solar heater and a plastic bottle greenhouse wall – don't forget to bring your used cans and bottles!
We're also co-hosting the Saturday night Victories Celebration, which will highlight recent environmental success stories, honouring the individuals who were instrumental in making them happen. On the roster are Sustainable Waterloo Region, the David Suzuki Foundation, the No Mega Quarry campaign, Sarah Harmer and PERL (Protecting Escarpment Rural Land), and more!
What are you up to for Earth Month?
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Greenwashing tourism? Watch more about Alexandra’s experience with sustainable travel and how to make more sustaina… https://t.co/vLA84Ivq2d — 18 hours 53 min ago
- RT @cnalliance: "Forest schools and outdoor learning could be the key to rebuilding our education systems in a post Covid-19 world"… https://t.co/O853AmMA2o — 18 hours 56 min ago
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 1 week 18 hours ago