42.1 Faith, Hope and Charities
42.1 Faith, Hope and Charities explores how faith groups and environmental leaders are helping to contour a horizon of hope amid debilitating data on climate change. The issue's theme editor Stephen Bede Scharper, professor of environment at University of Toronto and leading expert on the intersection of faith and environmentalism, has curated a wide range of Canadian voices to explore this subject.
Some of the highlights:
- Earthbound: Peter Timmerman explores how we need to relearn to live in a finite world.
- We Are Renewable: Reconciling peaceful relationships between First Nations and Canada requires burying the weapons of the past.
- A Sense of Community: Understanding Canada's ecosystem of environmentalism.
- Atwood Believes: Environmentalism with Faith has at least of chance of working when you save what you love.
- Happy Activism: Six ways to make our movement strong and feed our spirit.
- RT @magscanada: #MagazineMoment @AlternativesJ "The women in our group took turns carrying a copper pail of water from Lake Super… https://t.co/RAREDSojvx — 10 hours 45 min ago
- Amazing news! We are inching closer and closer to a #ZeroWaste planet! Go #Canada go! https://t.co/xJuRqurMXL — 1 day 21 hours ago
- #Indigenous youth make up 46% of #incarcerated youth in Canada according to @StatCan_eng. The solution? A new justi… https://t.co/zFuD28O71Y — 1 day 23 hours ago