The Ultimate Health Issue with guest editor Gideon Forman (Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment) explores environmental issues with significant health impacts – toxics, pesticides, local food, resource extraction – that are poised to be key issues in this election year. The issue also captures the momentum of increasing efforts – and successes – by mainstream health organizations and medical professionals to protect the health of their patients by taking political action on environmental issues.
Some of the highlights:
- David Colby and John O’Connor’s personal accounts of backlash after speaking out against the Alberta tar sands and in defence of wind power.
- The pros and cons of nuclear power in relation to human health.
- A look at the tactics being used in the fight against neonicotinoid pesticides and the battle to save Ontario's pollinators.
- The role of green space in mitigating mental health concerns.
- An examination of prominent paleodisasters in Western Canada and the importance of preparing for them, should history repeat itself.
In this issue:
- @greenbeltca will be on site today for a first look at the Moccasin Identifer Project School Toolkit! A\J had a cha… https://t.co/DPtosuQHVY — 3 days 4 hours ago
- Our thoughts are with the All Nations Grand River Water Walkers, today is the 5th day of the 2019 Waterwalk! Last y… https://t.co/Vw4eiZ7jKh — 5 days 1 hour ago
- A national call to action as #ClimateEmergency is declared by House of Commons ! https://t.co/WbloQ3yQWO — 5 days 21 hours ago