The Ultimate Health Issue with guest editor Gideon Forman (Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment) explores environmental issues with significant health impacts – toxics, pesticides, local food, resource extraction – that are poised to be key issues in this election year. The issue also captures the momentum of increasing efforts – and successes – by mainstream health organizations and medical professionals to protect the health of their patients by taking political action on environmental issues.
Some of the highlights:
- David Colby and John O’Connor’s personal accounts of backlash after speaking out against the Alberta tar sands and in defence of wind power.
- The pros and cons of nuclear power in relation to human health.
- A look at the tactics being used in the fight against neonicotinoid pesticides and the battle to save Ontario's pollinators.
- The role of green space in mitigating mental health concerns.
- An examination of prominent paleodisasters in Western Canada and the importance of preparing for them, should history repeat itself.
In this issue:
- In response to the #SummerStudentTakeover article "Climate Activism and Corporate Sustainability in a Contemporary… https://t.co/ffx7roRNjw — 1 week 4 days ago
- In A\J's latest article, Jessica Burman gives us 10 reasons why @HillsideFest is the kind of music festival you won… https://t.co/f9pzSqvYDH — 4 weeks 18 hours ago
- Our new youth-driven platform; ENV Media will officially launch today with the website going live at 10:00pm ET. Be… https://t.co/tJVyFJ8cxr — 4 weeks 3 days ago