The Ultimate Health Issue with guest editor Gideon Forman (Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment) explores environmental issues with significant health impacts – toxics, pesticides, local food, resource extraction – that are poised to be key issues in this election year. The issue also captures the momentum of increasing efforts – and successes – by mainstream health organizations and medical professionals to protect the health of their patients by taking political action on environmental issues.
Some of the highlights:
- David Colby and John O’Connor’s personal accounts of backlash after speaking out against the Alberta tar sands and in defence of wind power.
- The pros and cons of nuclear power in relation to human health.
- A look at the tactics being used in the fight against neonicotinoid pesticides and the battle to save Ontario's pollinators.
- The role of green space in mitigating mental health concerns.
- An examination of prominent paleodisasters in Western Canada and the importance of preparing for them, should history repeat itself.
In this issue:
- RT @AlternativesJ: Have questions about #COP25? A\J has a correspondent at the Conference right now. Send us your questions by respond… https://t.co/XJDzkX11oq — 5 weeks 4 days ago
- RT @MediaENV: #InternationalVolunteerDay may have been yesterday, but that doesn't mean we still couldn't use some help! Do you… https://t.co/dU9JdNipXO — 6 weeks 3 hours ago
- Do you want to turn your passion into action? A\J and @MediaENV are looking for volunteers! Volunteers make a huge… https://t.co/HIp1KVGzks — 6 weeks 4 hours ago