The Ultimate Health Issue with guest editor Gideon Forman (Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment) explores environmental issues with significant health impacts – toxics, pesticides, local food, resource extraction – that are poised to be key issues in this election year. The issue also captures the momentum of increasing efforts – and successes – by mainstream health organizations and medical professionals to protect the health of their patients by taking political action on environmental issues.
Some of the highlights:
- David Colby and John O’Connor’s personal accounts of backlash after speaking out against the Alberta tar sands and in defence of wind power.
- The pros and cons of nuclear power in relation to human health.
- A look at the tactics being used in the fight against neonicotinoid pesticides and the battle to save Ontario's pollinators.
- The role of green space in mitigating mental health concerns.
- An examination of prominent paleodisasters in Western Canada and the importance of preparing for them, should history repeat itself.
In this issue:
- Trash Talk: Confessions of a waste auditor is now live on AJ. You don’t want to miss this anonymous confession piec… https://t.co/c3va0KbsBR — 2 days 1 hour ago
- RT @PLT_Canada: As we roll into the weekend, check out our latest publication with @AlternativesJ 📓 Written by our Director of Ind… https://t.co/nnZVcAxm1K — 6 days 23 hours ago
- RT @IISD_news: We need this bold economic transition to be a green boom, otherwise we risk going bust: @DavidSuzukiFDN CEO… https://t.co/KI1Rkw1neX — 1 week 2 days ago